Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Taylor Swift Previews "Welcome to New York"


GETTY IMAGES
Fresh off of the epic release of "Out of the Woods," Taylor Swift is dropping a new song! While it won't be released until midnight, she previewed "Welcome to New York" with a 30-second teaser.
It's the first song on the album, and definitely follows the poppier vibe that she promised with 1989.
“I wanted to start the album with this song because New York has been an important landscape and location for the story of my life in the last couple of years,” she said.
“You know, I dreamt about moving to New York. I obsessed over moving to New York and then I did it. The inspiration that I found in that city is kind of hard to describe and hard to compare to any other force of inspiration I’ve ever experienced in my life."
We're so excited to see that inspiration show up in her new album! It just goes to show that she doesn't only write about her relationships (like she's been accused of doing).
What do you think about "Welcome to New York"? Do you like her new sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment