Monday, November 3, 2014

Is Bridgit Mendler Trying to Copy Miley Cyrus?


We've been eagerly awaiting Bridgit Mendler's follow-up to her debut album Hello, My Name Is..., and the actress-singer says she's working on her new music — but don't compare her to Miley Cyrus. While talking to Courant about her album-in-the-works, she says that, even though she has some similarities to the former Hannah Montana star, she swears they're not that much alike. "I'm not Miley Cyrus," she said. "There may be some similarities but I'm my own person."
Of course, we totally knew that! "Hurricane" is definitely all Bridgit. Even though the Good Luck Charlie star doesn't think she's anything like the "Wrecking Ball" singer, she says that she wants the album to find success outside of Disney.
"I really wanted this album to stand on its own. I wanted there to be a balance of sounds on this album," she said. "I wanted variety and to just make things really interesting."
"One point I want to make is that this isn't just something that comes out of a machine. It came out of me. This isn't just something that I'm doing when I'm not acting. I'm really passionate about music."
The singer recently posted a cute shot from the studio, so we know she's hard at work at some new tunes. It looks like she's having a blast writing.
While we don't have any deets on when her next album is coming out, at least we know she's working on new music and that we'll hear something soon. It's been too long since her last one! Are you excited to hear Bridgit's next album? Do you think she's similar to Miley?

No comments:

Post a Comment