Monday, November 3, 2014

Get the Deets on Ansel Elgort's Scary Hacking Incident


GETTY IMAGES
From his hilarious Vine videos to his epic live-tweeting prowess, we are constantly entertained byAnsel Elgort's on-point social media presence. So we were shocked to hear that he experienced one of the worst technological privacy violations today — his email got hacked!
"Someone got into my email and started tweeting from my Twitter and I freaked out," The Fault in Our Stars actor told Wenn.
"Luckily I think it was harmless and I just had to delete my email, which was awful because I lost my email and all my contacts. I just got rid of that email and started a new one, got Twitter to fix it and I was lucky I didn't get locked out of my accounts or anything."
Even though it was an easy fix, the actor says that the worst part was feeling absolutely terrified that someone managed to uncover his password.
"It's a scary feeling when you have that private space and you know someone else was in there," he said. "I have to be more on top of my social media and my technology because there are some savvy people out there who know how to get into it."
It's definitely terrifying! Stars like Victoria Justice have had their photos hacked, and we can't imagine how scary that feels to have your personal info out in the open. We're so glad that Ansel's situation was easily fixed, before everything got out of hand. We understand why he was shaken up by the incident.
Can you believe Ansel's email got hacked? How would you react in his situation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment